The weekend before Veterans Day we decided to go to Sea World. To get the kids excited about coming here we told them all about the fun things that are here, Sea World is one of those places. However, it has been so hot here that I just didn't want to take them. I wanted to wait till it cooled off. The Saturday we went was perfect! We took jackets, just in case, but didn't need them until the sun went down. I couldn't believe how expensive it is to visit Sea World, $60 per person over 2. However, they have an awesome program for military, the military member and 3 dependents get in free once a year. So we were able to go for free. Next year it will cost us $60, since Hunter was under 3 he was free.
It was so much fun! (As Hunter said 'I lub it!') The park was only open from 12 till 6pm. We got there just after it opened, so Trent could have time in the morning to study, and left at 6 when it closed. There was a good amount of people there, but it wasn't super crowded. There are two big roller coasters there, but unfortunately one was shut down for maintenance and the other broke down while Carter and Trent were in line for it. But there were a few kiddie rides that they had a blast on. Hunter rode his first kiddie roller coaster and LOVED it. There were 4 shows; seals, dolphins--that included divers, shamu, and a show with domestic animals (dogs, cats, ducks, a rat....) We all laughed and enjoyed them all! My good camera still isn't working so I didn't get very good pictures of the action shots. I'm so glad Trent took most of the day off from studying to spend with us! It was so much fun, the kids still talk about it and can't wait to go again.
The kids had Veterans Day off from school, Trent did too, but he studied most of the day for a big test that was the following day. (he studies a LOT) So I decided that I would take them and go do something in the morning before lunch. We headed over to the Japanese Tea Gardens, which is in Breckenridge Park right by the zoo, and only about 5 mins from our house. We walked around the gardens, which are BEAUTIFUL, and then walked down to the zoo to ride the zoo train. The train is just outside of the zoo gates, so you don't have to pay for the zoo to ride the train. It goes all around Breckenridge Park, about a 20 min ride. It's not super entertaining, but the kids love it. We bought a zoo pass and every time we go to the zoo they ask to ride it, but we always wait till we're done at the zoo and then we're too tired to do it. So I thought I'd just take them there without the zoo. It was a perfect morning! The weather was nice, warm, but not super hot. They all had a great time and are asking when we can go back to the gardens, it really is that awesome.
Later in the afternoon I sent Trent a text telling him we should go out to dinner to celebrate 7 years home from Iraq (he came home on Veterans Day in 2006). I suggested we go down to the Riverwalk, let the kids roam around and find some Mexican for dinner. So we did just that. I always enjoy getting out and I love going down to the Riverwalk, even though it's long a walk for this very pregnant woman. We ate outside, with the ducks at our feet, it was a prefect way to end our day.
Last weekend I was in out back chatting with our neighbor when Carter came running through the yard yelling at me to come and see. I had no desire to get up and come see what he wanted me to come see. He was certain that there was a vulture eating a squirrel in the front yard. I told him there was no way there was a vulture here in the city, it was probably just a hawk. But he just wouldn't let up, so I told him to go take a picture of it. So he did:
He ran back to me with the camera....and then I taught him all about the zoom function on the camera. You can barely see a bird in the top left picture. I couldn't tell exactly what it was. But the next day as we were headed out we drove around the front of the house and sure enough the bird was back finishing off the squirrel. Well, he was totally right, it was a turkey vulture. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen such a thing in the middle of the city!






No comments:
Post a Comment