Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I could kiss whoever invented this:

It's a swing frame that the car seat hooks into.  Brilliant!  You see we have this one:


oh, and this one:

But apparently they aren't good enough.   When he sits in either one, except for very rare occasions, he is one very unhappy kid.  He loves his car seat however and is now sitting peacefully, without screaming, he may even be asleep.  And I'm in love!  Oh, and did I mention that it vibrates (on a 30 minute timer) and plays music.  I admit it, he may have slept in it for a bit last night, but hey, I slept for 4 whole hours, it was bliss! A sleepy mom is a desperate mom. :)

10 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, that is cool! I don't think there's anything wrong with letting your baby sleep in the carseat, especially if it means that mom gets some extra sleep too!

Katie said...

You do what you got to do. Mom has to sleep too! Isn't it crazy how kids know the difference, like if you're sitting our standing but you're holding them the same exact way.

Becki said...

That is great Janel!! I'm glad you found something that he'll actually SLEEP in!! I think that's the most important!! He's SLEEPING!!! Which means you are too!! Yay...you're amazing...and I don't know how you keep going...and still smiling too!?!?!?

Rappleye Family said...

Hey thats neat! And that looks like the type of carseat we have! Roger was always thinking someone should invent that!! Where did you find it?

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

walmart.com, it's also on amazon. It's made by graco.

Rappleye Family said...

Brilliant! thanks!

Roberts Family said...

That is brilliant. It HAD to have been invented by a mom.

Cheree said...

Super cool! Thanks for sharing!!! Hopefully we'll get to use it one day one baby #4 ....

Steve and Hailey said...

That is super cool! Things just keep getting better. (psst...it really was a penguin). Okay maybe we've been stuck indoors too long. :)

Kayla said...

We have the middle one (the aquatic whatever) and Shelby lived in that thing for the first couple months until she slept through the night. She loved the swing! I hope the new baby loves it too.