Notice anything wrong with this picture( sorry it's a bit blurry...my battery was on the fritz)?
Hanna has entered in a new stage, one that Carter NEVER went to. Removing of the diaper. In the morning when we go to get her out of bed she's NAKED, totally naked. She can remove her clothes and her diaper like it was nothing. She then sits in her bed, sometimes in a little puddle. Often during the day she will remove her clothes and her diaper, just because she can. Well, yesterday we reached a stinky new low. I was downstairs, she was upstairs. As I went up stairs to get ready for church I noticed Hanna with her onesie (yes, she can undo a onesie) hanging low, and it smelt awful! That's right, she had pooped in her diaper and had taken it off! There was poop ALL over the onesie, all up her back, and the nasty diaper was just laying on the floor. THANK GOODNESS she had not sat down anywhere!! So...we need help! How does one keep their baby from taking off their diaper. She's not ready for potty training yet, she has no clue that she has control over "going" just yet. She does love to sit on the potty, but this mommy is so not ready for the disastrous mess that comes with potty training a child who's not ready!

6 comments:
My friends little girl does this too. It sounds kinda mean and doesn't look pretty but her diaper stays on. Duct tape! They tape around the top all the way around. (not on her skin just the diaper). It makes a little more work when changing diapers but they stay on. Good luck!
One of Ammon's sisters puts on the long onesie pajamas on backwards and duct tapes the diaper on.
Blech.
Duct tape works great-just put the end of the tape in the back so they can't find it-good luck!
Thanks for going through this for me :-). Now I'll know what to do when Gwen gets there! She's pretty close right now--she takes her pants/pj bottoms off, etc. and tries to dig at it if something is in there. YUCKO! Luckily she's hit and miss. My boys never did this. Let me know what you do and how it works. I'm sure I'll be there in a couple of months as soon as she figures out how to get her onsies off!
Good luck! I've heard horror stories about babies that played in the poop - walls and everything. I hope Baylie doesn't do that!
Duct Tape!!! Not to her just around the diaper!!
Post a Comment