Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Part 2, the main level

An almost finished front yard!  I've planted a ton of bulbs in the dirt flower bed that will hopefully come up in the spring, and then I'll fill in the rest of the flower bed with color. I love color! 


I have to say that I LOVE the way the outside of our house turned out.  I love the colors, every time I drive up I smile, I really do love it!

Entry way:

To the right is the office, to the left is the great room/family room.  You can see the open pantry off the kitchen in the background.

Office:

Yes, it probably will always be messy. There is no closet here to hide the clutter, in hindsight we could have put one in, right where the big bookcase sits.  We could have taken a few feet out of the mudroom and made a closet, kinda wish we had. I see a project in our future.

Great Room/Family Room:


Yes, Andrew watches too much TV.  Ask me how much I care right now.  I still haven't hung things on the walls.  Something about putting holes in my brand new walls...just can't get myself to do it.

Dining Room:


We bought a new table when we moved here, I love it. While the space may look small, our table seats 8, with the leaf in 10, and there is still plenty of room to move around.

Kitchen:




By far my favorite place in the house!  It is so pretty, I really love it!  We made a few changes in the kitchen from what the plans showed.  First, we took out the wing walls that separated the great room and the dining room/kitchen.  Then we flipped the fridge and the cabinets. The plans had the fridge next to the wall, I like this much better. Then there was the island. The plans had for a 2x5 island that was a hexagonal shape at an angle between the edge of the counter and the bank of cabinets by the fridge.  I hated that idea, so with the cabinet makers help we came up with this.  I love it! The garbage can sits in the open space under the counter on the island. The cabinets had already been ordered when we discovered the little island issue and that was the solution the cabinet guy came up with. I still want to put pulls on the cabinets and drawers, still deciding if I want black or silver.

Pantry:

Yes, my pantry is a room all by itself.  It's 10x6.  In hindsight we could have taken 2 feet off of this room and made the kitchen just a little bigger.  But I LOVE my pantry.  It was the one thing that sold us on this house plan vs the others we were looking at.

Hall way to garage from kitchen:

Mud Room:


It's nothing spectacular, but it's a place to keep shoes, coats, and backpacks.  Now if only we can get the kids to put them where they belong.

Laundry Room:

Also doubles as the kitty's room.  I love that it is tucked out of the way.

Half Bath:

Just a simple 1/2 bath.  Don't love the sink, but I really had no idea what kind of sink would be there. I assumed it would have been a small vanity with a sink. There is no storage in here. Another project is in our future.

2 comments:

Roberts Family said...

Everything is so clean and new - I hear you about putting nail holes in the walls! I love everything! I love the white cabinets and that the island is a different color. And is that wood plank tile? It looks beautiful! That's on my list for our kitchen and living room...someday. I do love the colors you chose for the inside and outside. Fresh, soft and clean. Isn't it funny how you can build a brand new house and still have projects! haha, it's maddening sometimes!

Marie said...

It looks so good! Sounds like so much fun to have it customized how you want it!