Tuesday, July 21, 2015
More Colorado Fun
Since we've moved here we've been trying to find fun things to do as we explore our new city. I found a groupon for the Mining Museum and bought it. It was a really fun little place. They had a lot of hands on things for the kids to do. They give a tour of all the big machines twice a day, they turn them on and explain what they do and how they work. We got there right at the end of the tour so we only saw two of the machines going. I didn't think we'd spend much time there, the groupon was a good deal, I think it was $8 for 4 people. I figured I'd just buy an extra ticket for one of the kids (cuz kids tickets are cheaper than adults) when we got there, but the man who checked us in just let Hunter in for free when I tried to buy a ticket for him. The staff was super nice and answered any questions the kids had. There was a spot to pan for gold and a spot to try on mining clothes and go into a little mine area. They had magnifying glasses and scales to take a closer look at rocks. There was a big rock with a hammer and drill to pound holes in rocks--much like how granite was once mined. I found it really educational, learning about all the different mining equipment as well as mining techniques. There was even displays outside to explore. The kids had so much fun with all the hands on learning playing. Totally a place we want to go back, good thing there always seems to be a groupon for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment