Saturday, September 14, 2013

First Day of School

School started here on Aug 26th for all 3 that are attending school; Trent, Hanna, and Carter.  The school day is loooong for Carter and Hanna.  Hanna goes to all day kindergarten.  School starts at 7:45 and gets out at 3:00.  They ride the bus, which adds to their time away.  The bus picks them up at 7:15 and they get home around 3:30.  Carter tells me they both fall asleep on the bus on the way home.  They love ridding the bus.  I can see the bus stop from a window in the family room so I don't walk them to/from the bus stop each day.  Which is nice because then I don't have to get dressed in the morning.  They are both loving school! 
Hunter was in tears when we dropped the kids off at the bus stop.  He wanted to ride the bus too, he didn't want the kids to leave!  He was just a mess.


 And I admit, it was really hard for me to send my kids off to school in the bus.  I never rode a bus to school, I didn't know what to expect when they got to school.  I didn't know what to tell them what to expect, cuz I just didn't know.  The Friday before we had a meet-your-teacher day so they knew where their classrooms were, but not where the bus was going to drop them off.  Hanna had a tag on with her teacher's name and I knew there would be bus aids to help them figure it all out.  So, I decided to follow the bus to school to make sure they'd get there ok.  That's what any rational parent does right. :)  In my defense they had a TON of school supplies to take and I didn't think to take them on the meet your teacher day, and since they couldn't carry it all it only made sense that I take it for them.  I found them both in their classrooms coloring a picture, they had found their classes just fine, no tears were involved, and my anxiety for them lessened.

Hunter spends his afternoon like this:
Watching for the bus.  He gets SO excited when he see it, and even more so when he sees Carter and Hanna coming.  He runs out the door to greet them with big hugs.

Trent's schooling is long too.  He has class at 7am Monday's and Friday's and 8am the rest of the week.  He gets home about 6pm, eats dinner and then leaves to study till about 10ish.  Monday and Fridays are his test days, he has rocked the first two tests, 98% and 90%.  We do get to see him on the weekends a little bit and he makes it a point to spend Friday nights with us which has been nice.  He's been to church with us for the last 6 weeks in a row, which has been really nice!  He will get to come every week now since he's not working or at Guard and I love it.  Before he was home only 1 weekend a month, sometimes more if he got cancelled from work, but usually just 1 weekend a month.  So this is nice, not only for us, but for him too.


3 comments:

Julie said...

I love your family! Sounds like things are going pretty good. We miss you guys! Hope things continue to get better and better

Marie said...

I rode the bus when I was in elementary and middle school, but I still would have followed the bus like you did if it was the first day of kindergarten for one of my kids. I'm glad everything went well!

Roberts Family said...

Okay, I know it's only been a few months but they all look so grown up, especially Hanna and Hunter looks bigger also. I would have followed the bus also, glad they have each other. Miss u guys also. Still have your book and swing. R u coming in November?