Monday, February 20, 2012

Why we have a dog....


So some one will eat everything that baby WON'T.  Ronan sits under the highchair, or right next to it, and waits for things to drop.  He can hear the plunk of something hitting the floor from the other room and is there in two seconds to clean it up.  Yes, I like having a dog clean up ALL the food Hunter chucks, cuz it's no small amount.

I seriously don't know what to feed this kid anymore.  My other babies were eating whatever we were eating by the time they were 10 months old, whether or not they had teeth.  Hunter eats very little "table" food.  He will eat pancakes, but not waffles or french toast.  He ate black beans once, but has not since.  He will not eat peas, green beans, avocado, or corn.  He won't even put them into his mouth any more, he just screams and throws them everywhere.   He will eat fruit loops, but really it's not something I want him eating. I tired one day to give him a peanut butter sandwich, he ate it. I was so excited, just maybe we can feed him more things.  Well, that was a one time thing, just like the black beans, he won't even taste it now. He screams and throws it on the floor.  Same with bananas, quesadillas, goldfish crackers (seriously what kids doesn't like those!) hot dogs, chicken nuggets (I was getting desperate), cheese, and pretty much everything I set on his tray.  Sometimes he'll taste it, he'll put a bite into his mouth and immediately spit it out.  He'll eat teddy grahams, and freeze dried fruits as well as freeze dried yogurt.  And of course he'll eat baby food as long as there are no chunks in it.  If he finds it has a chunk he'll spit it out, and man has he got a spitting range.  I'm so tired of baby food and having to feed him. He is big enough to eat whatever we are eating, he just won't, but yet, he's too young to pull the "this is what we are eating" card with.  Sigh....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! That is so hard! Good luck. Is it a texture thing or a taste thing or both. Yuck!

Marie said...

He's been a tough little guy from the get-go. I wish I had something magical to tell you, but I don't :( Good luck!

Roberts Family said...

I do miss our clean floor when our dog used to be inside. He did a great job.
Maybe Hunter is saving you money now because when he's a teenage boy he will eat you out of house and home...I've heard they do that at that age anyway.