While at Aunt Kimberlee's wedding Carter found love. Carter and Hanna got into trouble for running around the church (so maybe I'm crazy but I don't think running around a church is an okay thing to do, unless of course you are in the gym, and especially not okay in a rented tux that I don't want to pay for) so I had them stay in the gym. While sitting in there Carter and this little girl started hanging out together. There was music playing and a few people out dancing, so they started dancing. The photographer came over and started to snap pictures of them dancing. He asked Carter "is this your sister?" Carter responded with a no. Then he asked, well are you cousins. Carter looked over at this little girl and then back at the photographer and said "uh, nooo. We just met!" I was laughing so hard! About ten minutes later the little girl (we'll call "A") came over to us, pulling Carter by the hand behind her. This is the conversation we had:
A: Can I take your son out of here (referring to the gym) for just a few minutes, he says he's in love with me.
Without so much as a pause Carter speaks up from behind her "yeah, I think in like 20 years I'm going to marry her!"
It was all I could do to nod my head letting them know it was okay to leave for a few minutes without busting up.
A little while later they were dancing and Carter went in for a kiss. A thew up her hand and said "NO! I can't do that till I'm 16!"
Carter still blushes when we talk about her.
3 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! I just got a good old-fashioned belly laugh from that story! Two cute kids!!
Oh my goodness, what a cutie he is!!! ...and such a handsome little guy! Definitely a fun story that you'll have a blast telling for years. :)
He's soooooooo cute! And such smooth moves. I say he should keep this childhood crush, especially since she's not kissing till she's 16 ;)
Post a Comment